Working Horse World

Working Horse World
Search | Statistics Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | register )

OTHER FORUMS:    Horse Trailers  -   Barrel Horses   -   Trucks   -   Cutting  -   Reining  -   Roping 

Roping?
Moderators: crossspur, cindyt
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Last activity 2011-03-17 10:43 PM
2 replies, 9044 views

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Working horse world -> Working Horse EventsRefresh
Message format

TXChick
Posted 2010-04-22 9:53 PM (#51263)
Subject: Roping?

Hi,
Im kinna new to TX (iv been here a little over a year) and dont know alot of the ranches around here yet. I live near Fort Worth and am dieing to learn how to rope over the summer. I can rope a dumpy on the ground 10 billion times no problem but I obviously cant get on a horse and go to a rodeo and rope yet. Which I would love to do. I looked into the NRS camps for people that wanna learn how to rope but I have to say im the kinna person that learns alot better when its just me and a trainer. I would love to get ahold of a ranch or stable that teaches people how to rope but to be honest Im not good at finding places like that. Does anyone know of a place that would take me under there wing and teach me how to rope? In TX not far from Fort Worth?

Thanks so much.
-L
Top of the page Bottom of the page
breakawaycowgirl09
Posted 2011-01-26 11:24 AM (#59868 - in reply to #51263)
Subject: RE: Roping?

the best thing i ever went to was the All Around Camp at Marth Josey's, it is in Marshal, Tx. Just google Josey Ranch it should have it on there. If you have any more questions just ask be more than happy to help!
Ropinfarrier4
Posted 2011-03-17 10:43 PM (#60922 - in reply to #51263)
Subject: RE: Roping?

NRS is an awesome place to learn. I attended the level one clinic last summer so i get start with a clean slate and learn the right way. It seems so overwhelming with their reputation, and their facilities. Krece Harris, their director, is an awesome teacher, as well as a world class roper. Its the best enviroment a new roper can learn in. They will give you the one-on-one help and give you a good foundation to build on. They have 4 or more guys in there helping each student get a good handle on whatever your weak spot is. I was fortunate enough to get invited to a private clinic in June with some ropers coming down from Illinois. I know how it is being new to the sport, and how overwhelming it can all be...so if your interested, shoot me an email NWAprofarrier@hotmail.com and i will help you out with finding someone to learn from. I had a hard time finding good people to rope with as well....and i dont want others to make the same mistakes i did. There is another awesome roper in Oklahoma that does private lessons that i can get you in touch with.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread
Message format

(Delete all cookies set by this site)